May 6, 2012

Not a Girlie Girl but I'm NOT a Boy!!

WARNING: THIS POST IS A RANT

Today I had about 15 minutes to get ready for church. I had been up since 7:30AM keeping my older boys quiet so my husband could sleep in along with our five year old son.

When they did wake up (an hour later) my hubby made a yummy breakfast for us and then it was upstairs for showers. As I was the last to get into the shower as I always am I was left with a fifteen minute window to get ready myself, give or take.

It was at this moment my irritation began. I am the only girl in the house and I hardly if ever have the opportunity to get myself ready properly.

I would love to just ONCE go to church with DRY and styled hair. As tied back in a scrunchy does not count as styled in any woman's book. With my makeup done and a nice outfit on, that would be fabulous.

My irritation over the situation grew as I sat next to my husband in church (second row center) with his perfectly not a hair out of place styled hair. My hair naturally drying into a frizzy wildly curled rats nest.

As my nest dried I couldn't help but notice all the women around me with their hair, nails, makeup, and outfit all put together perfectly. I wondered how do they do it? How do they make the people in their lives wait for them?

I'm a girl not a boy!! I want to look like a girl. I want to feel good about myself when I go out. I make sure all my boys look presentable while I go out looking like a frumpy mess!!

People often say to me "Oh your the only girl in the house you must be treated like a queen by all these boys!" HA!!

I'm treated like the cook, driver, personal assistant, calculator, maid, nurse, human napkin, human tissue, mommy, and confidant. But a QUEEN?!?!?

I don't want to be mean about it. I don't want to be rude about it. I just want these boys to remember I'm not a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment