July 6, 2009

She's That Friend

Yesterday I was so out of my element it was not even funny. My darling hubby is camping with our oldest, my middle man ol' blue eyes himself was spending the night with Grandma and Pop which left me with 1 child, the baby.
Can you say Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!! Thank you sweet little baby Jesus!!
I cleaned the house from top to bottom washed, folded, and put away every ones laundry vacuumed, mopped, swept, you name it I did it and I enjoyed every minute of it when I wasn't feeling guilty for enjoying it so much. I even got a surprise visit from my sister Elba, she is my very best friend but the thing about Elba is that everyone feels that way about her. She is that friend we all have in our lives that the moment something happens good or bad you call her. She is that friend who you haven't known for very long but you feel like you've known each other all your life, yep that's Elba.

Elba is the only person who really gets me and doesn't judge me. (to harshly) wink,wink. She gets my sense of humor and likes it!! I mean Elba doesn't question me about why I have to touch the locks on the doors when I check them, she just accepts that I have to. Or why I don't take my kids to public parks by busy streets she just agrees to go to the park I suggest. She doesn't even bat an eyelash when I say the kids that work at In N Out burger are like Stepford Kids or Aliens!! Seriously has anyone ever know someone who actually worked there? Your order is never wrong, the food is always delicious, the workers are always happy and you NEVER EVER see a worker leave or arrive to work FREAKY!!!

I'm just saying Elba allows me to be me and I do the same for her. Anyways yesterday was a great day it was a little rough at night because surprise,surprise I couldn't sleep but all in all I enjoyed my Sunday. I'd like to give a special thanks to Jason for bring the In N Out thing to my attention and giving me one more thing to obsess about. (jajajaja) The photo above is my sister Elba with my boys and as I'm sure you have figured out the photo was taken on Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog when searching for others dealing with OCD or OCPD, etc.

    Sounds like a nice break, spending time with just your baby...and your sister. She sounds wonderful! My sister (and family) live about 500 miles away, so I am always missing them. Wish we could be closer. I'd give anything to have my sis to spend time with. Treasure every moment you have with her :-)

    ReplyDelete