July 29, 2009

What A Trip




So I recently went on a trip to Washington State to visit my brother and sister in~law. It was an adults only trip and it was in one word WONDERFUL!! I left my heart in Washington State!! What a beautiful state so lush and green, I had never seen anything like it. I did have mini panic attacks followed by bad dreams. The panic attacks were of course over the safety of my children. They were being watched by both my sister and my father and mother~in~law. Not that I don't trust them I mean I have panic attacks over my kids if my husband takes them somewhere without me.

I kept wondering if they (my children) were being allowed to go into public restrooms alone or if they were being made to hold an adults hand in the store? Were the downstairs windows of my home locked? As I suspected all was well and my children were spoiled by their grandparents as always. Also can anyone explain to me why the airport food court is allowed to get so filthy? I'm sure that there were several health code standards that were being violated and the fact that travelers would sit down at filthy dirty tables and eat their food was simply disgusting!! I had to fight back the dry heaves, people can be so reckless in public areas about their health. What really got me was the idea that these were the same people I was most likely going to be traveling with on the airplane and on that airplane I would be breathing in their recycled air!!

I was lucky in that the airline we used had leather seats, in my mind at least leather seats are more hygienic because they can be wiped down and disinfected and you don't have to sit in the previous travelers dander. So good news there also I was very proud of myself for only slightly freaking out over flying. I only had feelings of dread and doom for about 30 to 45 min of the 2 1/2 hour flight I am terrified of flying and also of heights.

Like I said Washington was beautiful and I had a blast I got crazy wild in Washington. For dinner the first night I had a little less than half of a sangria that I ordered and the next night at dinner I had not 1 but 2 cocktails and I finished them!! However the night we returned home I was unable to sleep even though I was completely tired. We arrived home shortly after midnight and I immediately started cleaning the house until my hubby made me stop but I just laid there in bed feeling antsy, I wanted to clean.

My house was not dirty but I hadn't personally cleaned it in 3 days. It took me 3 days to clean my house and feel confident in how clean it was. I struggled, I didn't feel like it was clean no matter what I did it just wasn't clean. I was obsessing over the counters, the floors, the carpet, the dishes, it was all filthy because everyone had touched it but me. Usually I have no issues with my family members dander or handling my things but this time everything was contaminated and I felt out of control with my surroundings I needed to feel like my perfect little bubble that I live in was perfect again. Thank goodness for me all is well and I am in control of my feelings and surroundings again.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place! Glad you enjoyed seeing Washington.

    It is hard traveling, when you know you have no control over the cleanliness of eating areas, restrooms, etc. Sorry you had some panic attacks, and anxiety during your trip.

    I have such a hard time with airports when we travel for the same reasons. My anxiety level is always so high because of so many people...so many germs. Also, I will no longer change my baby in a public restroom either..lol. We change him in the back of our SUV (which is very clean!) When he begins to use the potty...I guess I'll have to learn to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete