March 18, 2010

Faceless Friend




They say when birds sing in the presence of you that they are praying for you. That they hear your struggles and raise their faces to God and pray. That their songs are not songs at all but cries for us to be free from our struggles and pain. Beautiful winged angels, a gift from God to all those that he cherishes.

I would like to take a moment to thank my little bird that God has sent me. To pray for me, to comfort me, and encourage me. I have never seen your face but I have felt your embrace in your gentle and kind words that ring like a bell in my heart.

Thank you Retro Girl whoever you are, my faceless friend your words of encouragement and love are feeding my heart and make it easier for me to face the challenges of the day.

1 comment:

  1. I almost cried when I read this! *hugs* Your words are so beautiful and so eloquently written.

    I stumbled upon your blog awhile back, when looking for someone else like myself--a stay at home mom, who was struggling with OCD issues, anxiety and other things. Sometimes reading your words helps give me a sense of ease, a smile, and makes me feel not quite so alone! I think to myself -- if you can deal with your struggles, plus be a loving, amazing mom of not one, but 3 boys,.then it can be done...I can get thru it too. Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself here...with your faceless far away friends. I'm so glad to be one of them! *hugs* I'll always be your cheerleader! :-)

    retrogirl66
    at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete