April 14, 2012

SURPRISE!!

Today is my mother in laws birthday and to celebrate we (adults only, no kids allowed) are going out for a family dinner. The best part of tonight will be that my brother and sister in law will be here from Washington state. It was going to be a surprise for my mother in law but because we recently had family members suffering serious health issues the surprise was foiled. I had no idea they were coming until my mother in law told us they'd be staying for a week and that the restaurant reservation had been changed so it was still a surprise to me. That would have been an interesting evening, showing up to the wrong restaurant in the wrong city!!

I can't wait to see my brother and sister in law I haven't seen them since their wedding in September. My boys are sad that they can't attend Grandma's birthday dinner. They don't understand why it is adults only. They remind me that they behave properly in restaurants and don't eat that much. My oldest who is a 30 year old trapped in a 12 year old body really can't understand why he's not invited. He like most 12 year old does not see himself as a child. It's especially hard for him to see himself that way when his younger brothers are 5 and 8.

The boys are also eager to attend Grandma's birthday party because they haven't seen their auntie and uncle since before we left Washington. Their wedding was a "kid free" event also. Luckily for them we will be having a BBQ this week to celebrate Grandma's birthday and auntie and uncles arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment