October 21, 2014

Make It Happen

So yesterday I guess I was more sick then I originally thought and ended up laying in bed waiting for Jesus to come and take me home. I felt like I had been run over by a truck and if that wasn't bad enough I had to watch my tired husband come home and take care of me and the kids. Ugh!! I hate that!! He works so hard for us and I work so hard to make our home his refuge. A place of relaxation and happiness. I hate not being able to care for my family and honestly it isn't as if he actually minded but I did. 
Today I woke up feeling better although it still feels like I have a hot stone in my stomach, the nausea, body aches, and headache have all but disappeared. Every once in a while I break out in a sweat but my body I think is doing an amazing job at fighting off whatever it is that is afflicting me. I wasn't feeling 100% but there was no way I was going to lay in bed all day so I decided to lace up my running shoes and knock this thing out of my body with a 6.35 mile run. 

I gotta say it felt great to be outside and feel the cool misty air on my skin. I most certainly reached my goal with sweating because I have never come home so drenched in sweat in my entire life. Now everyday when I first wake up the first thing that comes to my mind is my run. I'm excited to get dressed, anxious to start the run, after dropping the kids off at school but when I do drop them off I begin to hear that voice in my head encouraging me not to go on this run. 

It says things like " nah girl, your tired today, you didn't sleep well remember?" Or "hey girl you know what sounds good right now? Cinnamon rolls!! Or donuts!!" I have these arguments and many more in my head and I just put my ear buds in and say to myself I've never regretted a single run, this one will be no different.

I think my daily runs and the daily food choices I make is the reason I am recovering quickly from this bug and why it hasn't been able to completely hit me with all its force. I was down for one evening but could have continued on with the day as if nothing were wrong but I'm glad I took the rest my body needed. I know tomorrow will be better and can't wait to run again. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment