October 15, 2010

RE~DO



My hubby started a new project for me and painted an old rocking chair we have,in black of course. So with a fresh can of paint in his hand I smiled and batted my eyelashes at him and asked if he would please re~paint my book basket for me? The brown color he had previously painted it was to close in color to our hardwood floors and washed out the color of my basket instead of displaying it. I think it looks better in black and am happy once again.



What I am not happy about is Facebook, I think I am going to delete my account today. It seems to me that Facebook has become an unhealthy distraction in my life and is a bit to "Hey look my life is way more awesome than yours?" I am also very sick of the daily News warnings to all Facebook users about viruses and privacy and so on and so forth.

I want to concentrate on my family, friends, and church. I want to surround myself with the lives of the people who really matter most in my life. Not the 154 "friends" I have on Facebook. I don't blog the way I used to because of Facebook, and Twitter, I never really understood anyway.

I mean if those people really mattered we would still be real friends right? The people who know me already know where I live, my home and cell phone number and email me as well. The stuff on Facebook is fake, I think we all know that we try and project and what we see on Facebook is the glorious pretend life we all like to showcase. I just think it was better back when the only thing I cared about was my life and the people I surrounded myself with.

I want to do real things with my time like start a book club, knit, read my children stories, watch them play. Not brag about every moment of my life. It's wrong and gross and I don't want to do it anymore because I'm 35 years old for goodness sakes.

So long Social Network Facebook thanks for helping me grow into the person I want to be.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the facebook thing... I can't say that there is a lot of bragging that goes on, on mine... mostly joking but even sometimes I can't be bothered with it. I use to be addicted till I started blogging, and that has become more of a focus for me. But you are right, you were probably happily surviving in a non facebook world before so you will do it again. Sometimes the networking world takes away from the real world. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME girlie! I only wish that I too could do the same, but I think I would have to slowly take myself away from my Farmville. Lol! I know it's totally pathetic but maybe I will get the courage from you. I do have to say I pretty much only go on to play and take a quick look at what is new in everyone's lives since I so far away now, but I am glad that you'll be doing all the things that matter to you and I am so happy you're blogging again. I have really missed your posts especially since it's been a while since we've talked. Way to go and I'm so very proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete